Dr Okan Kucukakkas was born in Konya, Turkey. In 2010 he graduated from Selcuk University-Konya with the Faculty of Medicine, and in 2015 with Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation from Katip Celebi University-Izmir.
He was connected with the Cihanbeyli Government Hospital from 2015 to 2017 under the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department. From 2017 to 2022, he worked as a faculty member at Istanbul Bezmialem Vakif University, Faculty of Medicine.
He received the title of associate professor in Turkey in 2021. He is certified by the European Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. He has more than 30 published articles, books and case presentations that he has written or contributed to in his field.
The patient profile he is interested in as follows:
- Follow-up and rehabilitation of patients who require neurological rehabilitation such as stroke, spinal cord injury and cerebral palsy.
- Follow-up and rehabilitation of patients who require orthopaedic rehabilitation such as tendon incision and after fractures and joint implantation.
- Diagnosis and treatment of all painful and non-pain full conditions of the musculoskeletal system such as disc hernias, scoliosis, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis.
- Diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
- Interventional procedures like intra-articular injections (PRP, Hyaluronic acid, corticosteroids etc.), botulinum toxin injections and trigger point injections for muscle and joint pathologies.
Languages – English and Turkish